President Kenyatta has fired 15 Principal Secretaries among them Tourism PS, Farma Hersi.
The President is said to have made the decision to fire all the 15 PS’s who had not been named in his second-term Cabinet in January.
Through the Head of Public Service Joseph Kinyua, the Principal secretaries were informed that they had not been reconsidered for re- appointment and were supposed to handover immediately.
According to the letters sent to the secretaries, their employment contract ends on 30 June, the last day in which they will receive a salary.
“In this regard, your employment contract has been terminated forthwith. Consequently, you will be paid salary up-to 30 June which will be your last working day,” reads the letter.
Here is the full list of the sacked Principal Secretaries:
1. Joe Okudo – Arts, Culture
2. Sammy Itemere – Broadcasting & Telecommunications
3. Noor Ismail – Cooperatives
4. Mwanamaka Mabruki – Gender Services
5. Aidah Munano – Housing & Urban Development
6. Victor Kyalo – ICT & Innovation
7. John Musonik – Infrastructure
8. Patrick Mwangi – Transport
9. Khadija Kassachoom – Labour
10. Mohammed Ibrahim Mahmud – Mining
11. Fred Sigor – National Water Services
12. Richard Ekai – Correctional Services
13. Fatuma Hersi – Tourism
14. Wilson Irungu – Planning –
15. Dr. Dinah Mwinzi Vocational & Technical Training